This is How DivX File Repair Can Be Made Easy
“Hi, I am using a 32 bit Windows 7 computer. Last week, I downloaded a DivX movie from internet and tried to play on Windows Media Player. As expected, I couldn’t play that file. Previously, I had downloaded a codec pack for Media player to play MKV files and MOV files on it. From then, there wasn’t any issues while playing those kinds of files. I didn’t try a DivX file till now. I am not sure that I have downloaded a corrupt file or not. By assuming, it is corrupt, please suggest me how to repair DivX files that are not playing in Windows Media Player.”
This type of situations can happen due to many reasons. Since you have doubts regarding the health of downloaded DivX file, it is good to check some reasons for DivX corruption first.
Few Possible Reasons for DivX File Corruption
- Incomplete Download: If your DivX files are partially downloaded due to network failure, you may not able to play those files in any of your media players. In most of such cases, you may need to re-download that file.
- File Conversion Errors: Suppose you are converting your DivX file into another video container format using a third party tool. If this conversion process interrupted, you won’t get the converted file but a damaged DivX file. The same thing can happen even you are using the official DivX tool, DivX converter.
- Recovery after Deletion: You may try any third party tool for recovering accidentally deleted DivX files on your computer. There are chances where the recovered DivX files be corrupted. You may need to use a DivX file Repair tool in order to repair that file.
Possible Solution for the Corruption of DivX Files
Have you heard about the tool named “AVI File Repair utility”? Since this tool is designed predominantly to repair broken AVI files, you can still use this for different types of video codecs, just like XVID and DivX. This tool easily repairs corrupt DivX files that have compressed either by MPEG-2 part 2 codec or by H.264 codec. You don’t need to be a technical geek to fix corrupt DivX files using this utility. Within four steps, anyone can accomplish the DivX file repair process effectively using this tool.
What are the Unique Features of this tool for Fixing Corrupt DivX Files?
- Using the demo version of this tool, you can repair damaged DivX file and the repaired file can be previewed on preview browser. Only, if you are satisfied with repair results of this tool, you can go for purchasing its full version.
- Instead of directly working on the corrupt file, this DivX file repair tool creates a virtual structure of DivX file by analyzing the source file. Then it extracts data from the corrupt file, repairs it and replaces over the virtual structure to create a new file.
- If you got stuck during DivX repair, you can contact technical support by writing your query after clicking on the support button on the top of this page.
- This tool works on all the new versions of Windows and Mac computers including Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Steps to Repair Corrupt DivX Files
Step 1: Download and install AVI Repair tool on your Windows or Mac computer and launch the utility. “Browse” for the corrupt DivX file on from its home screen and click “Repair” button.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: Now the DivX repair process will starts. After the successful repair, you can preview the repaired DivX file contents as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Preview File
Step 3: If you are satisfied with the file preview, you can purchase the full version of this product for saving your repaired DivX file.
Figure 3: Save File