I have a video file format with .mov format, whenever I tried open the video using the latest QuickTime, I get this error “Error -2048: Couldn’t open the file because it is not a file that QuickTime understands”. Can anyone know how to fix error 2048 MOV file with ease?
You may wonder why you encountered this error message. When you try later to open MOV file, it still doesn’t open a displays same message again. This error is a result of QuickTime program file corruption, then you can fix it by re-installing QuickTime multimedia player. You can try to play MOV video file after re-installation. If the same error pops up again, then it can be due to corruption of MOV video file. In such situation, you can opt MOV File Repair software which is capable of fixing error 2048 MOV file with ease. For more details, you can visit this link: http://www.movfilerepair.com
Scenarios which causes error “QuickTime error 2048 couldn't open the file” in a MOV file:
- Mostly the occurrence of error 2048 in MOV video files is due to codec misuse of QuickTime files like misnaming the MOV files.
- Modifying or converting MOV video files to another format can cause the MOV video file to get corrupt or damaged and inaccessible by QuickTime movie player.
- QuickTime MOV which is infected by harmful virus or malware can corrupt the MOV video file.
- Downloading MOV files over a faulty server may sometimes corrupt or damage the files making them inaccessible to QuickTime movie player.
- Use of unauthorized third party program to access or enhance the video files can corrupt those files beyond recognition.
- Using wrong compression methods for compressing MOV video files to reduce their size, with the help of low quality compression tool can result in the corruption of MOV video files.
- Interruption while transferring MOV video file from one device to another
- Error while converting MOV video file to any other file format
- MOV file header corruption due to malware attack
- Playing MOV video files on incompatible video players
- Incomplete recovery of MOV file
- Downloading MOV file from unauthorized servers
- Virus infection
- Incomplete or improper installation of QuickTime player
- Interruption while conversion of MOV file
- Changing the file extension of video file
- Playing MOV video on incompatible players
- Corruption due to digital video camcorder firmware
- Improper removal of storage devices
In above-mentioned scenarios your MOV file may get corrupt and when you trying to access then you will get an error message. If you are wondering as to how to fix corrupted or damaged QuickTime Movie file? Then MOV File Repair software is the answer to your question. It will fix MOV file in few mouse clicks and deliver an error free playable MOV video file.
Features of MOV File Repair Software:
- This software is capable of repairing corrupted or damaged video file such as M4V, MOV, AVI, M4A, F4V, etc.
- Preview option is also available in demo version to view the repaired MOV video file before restoration.
- This software mends damaged, corrupted MOV video file that are unable to play in QuickTime with ease.
- Demo version is available on the internet free of cost to evaluate its performance before buying the full version of the software.
- It supports repairing of MOV video file on Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 7, etc.
Steps to Know How to Fix Error 2048 MOV File:
Step 1: Download MOV File Repair software and install it on your computer. Run the app then browse and choose the MOV file by clicking the “Browse” option and then click on “Repair” button to fix error 2048 MOV file.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Once the MOV file repairing process is over, it displays a window with a preview file option to preview the repaired MOV file.
Fig 2: Repair Progress Screen
Step 3: Purchase the full version of the software and save the repaired MOV file on a secure location.
Fig 3: Save File Screen