“Hi, I am in a difficult situation. Last day, I was recording a short movie using my personal camcorder. I had almost shot thirty three minutes of video. Even though battery charge of camera was in low state, I just ignored it and continued to shoot further. As a consequence, camcorder got switched off suddenly. I started the camcorder again to see there is any problem with recording. Video file was there, but it got corrupted. I simply don’t know what to do for repairing video file which got damaged. Can anyone tell me how to repair video file irrespective of the video format or recorded device?”
This kind of situation is not quite uncommon. A video file may get damaged due to several reasons. This corruption is independent of the device which was being used for recording video. A video file stored on a computer may also get corrupted due to various errors associated with computers. However, you don’t have to worry because that the redemption from this problem is possible through a straightforward approach. MOV File Repair is a tool intended for this purpose. You can repair video files of almost all types with the help of this utility. Before going through the details of this tool, you need to understand some of the causes behind corruption of video files. A video file may get corrupted via following ways.
- Malware Infections: Viruses, worms or similar malicious programs are capable of destroying information contained in a video file completely. If the anti-virus program working on your computer is not properly updated, malicious programs can easily infect files on the computer including video files.
- Recording Video during Low Battery State of the Camcorder: You may have already understood about this problem from the initial briefing itself. Some types of camcorders don’t even show the file name if such a situation happened. Instead, it only indicates as a portion of the memory has taken for storing that video file.
- Power Surge: Imagine the following situation. While playing a video file on any media player, the computer has turned off suddenly. After restarting computer, you may come to see that the video which was being played on the media player has got corrupted. It is not possible to completely neglect the chances of such file damage.
- Conversion Error: If you try to convert a video into an incompatible format, it may get corrupted. The same corruption can happen if you try to open a video file using an unsupported program.
- Bad Sectors: Video files which are stored on the bad sectors on the hard disk are subjected to affect file corruption.
- Insufficient Memory Space: If you try to record a video when there is no space in the memory card, recorded video file may get corrupted.
Significant Features of MOV File Repair Tool
- MOV File Repair tool is the ideal solution to repair video files which are unplayable on any kind of media players.
- Sometimes, downloaded video files from various network locations may come with several errors like CRC error, synchronization error, etc. By using this tool, you can repair downloaded video file in an effective manner.
- You can fix video file errors which are created on smartphones, camcorders, etc.
- This tool would be a perfect choice for the people who are looking for a powerful AVI repair tool.
- Know how to fix broken video files created using different camcorder brands such as Kodak, Canon, Panasonic, Nikon, Casio, Olympus, Samsung, Fujifilm, GoPro, Sony, Sanyo, etc.
- All the latest versions of Windows and Mac operating systems are supported by this tool.
- MOV File Repair Tool support different audio codecs such as SOWT, RAW, MP4A and various video codecs such as MJPEG, MP4V and AVC1.
- It is read-only software which does not make any changes to the original corrupt video file.
- You can repair corrupt MP4 file using this tool by separating audio and video streams in order to identify the issue. After recognizing the issue, this tool fixes the problem and adjoins streams together.
Steps that Need to follow for Repairing a Video File
Step 1: Download and install MOV File Repair tool on your computer and Launch the software. Browse for the corrupted video file and then click on "Repair" button as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Home Screen
Step 2: Repairing process will be initiated as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Repairing Process
Step 3: After the successful repairing process, you can save the repaired video file on the desired location of your computer.
Figure 3: Save Video